Welcome to Vote 4 York Black Heritage Stamp!

In February, my teacher asked students to write about any Lewis and Clark Expedition subject. I chose York, William Clark’s enslaved man servant, who was an integral part of the expedition. During my research for the report, I became more intrigued by York and I decided to take my school project to the next level. So much is known about Lewis and Clark and I felt that York’s contribution to the expedition has been undervalued and marginalized. Therefore I wrote the USPS Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee and asked them to consider honoring York with a Black Heritage Stamp. My proposal to honor York is “under consideration” according to a recent letter from the USPS Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

York Statue on Lewis and Clark College

Here's a great video taken on Lewis & Clark College. It's the unveiling and dedication for their York Memorial, honoring him on May 8, 2010. Allison Saar is the artist.




1 comment:

  1. You are doing a phenomenal job!! Please keep up the good work. You are an amazing young man. We appreciate the magnitude of your project and the effort you are putting into it.

    ReplyDelete