Welcome to Vote 4 York Black Heritage Stamp!

In February, my teacher asked students to write about any Lewis and Clark Expedition subject. I chose York, William Clark’s enslaved man servant, who was an integral part of the expedition. During my research for the report, I became more intrigued by York and I decided to take my school project to the next level. So much is known about Lewis and Clark and I felt that York’s contribution to the expedition has been undervalued and marginalized. Therefore I wrote the USPS Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee and asked them to consider honoring York with a Black Heritage Stamp. My proposal to honor York is “under consideration” according to a recent letter from the USPS Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Meeting with Leaders at the 2012 CBCF to Promote York Stamp

I had a great time attending this year's Congressional Black Caucus in Washington, DC.  I met with many influential people including; Marc Morial, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, Rep. John Conyers, Rep. Bobby Scott, Dr. John S. Wilson, Rev. Al Sharpton and Regina Jackson.  They have all taken interest in the York Stamp Campaign.  I hope that Mr. York will get a stamp soon and to work with these leaders as a national youth leader.  



National Urban League President & CEO Marc Morial 
Rep. Bobby Scott & Dr. John S. Wilson


Rep. John Conyers Jr.
Ms. Regina Jackson & Rev. Al Shapton


Mr. Anthony Freddie & Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee 





No comments:

Post a Comment